What are the top 5 common viral infections the human body?

 What is influenza "flu"?

 It is a contagious respiratory disease caused by influenza viruses that infect the nose, throat, and lungs. 

People with the flu often experience fever/chills, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, muscle or body aches, headaches, fatigue "very tired".  My children and I have experienced these symptoms. They got out of the hospital last night while I wasn't incarcerated because if all three of us were hospitalized there would be no one to take care of them. I was given the same medication as them; outpatient only.

One week before this incident, I attended a seminar on business proposal preparation at a hotel in Davao City. The venue was not inside the hotel, but at a separate location; say about 50 meters away. We walked this distance daily. On our last day, I experienced a cold and a slight fever. So my children took care of me. Unfortunately, the next day at home, my son got a fever, and then my daughter did too. Since they were running very high fevers, I confined them to the hospital for proper medication. We stayed in the hospital for almost a week and were only released last night. But still, my kids didn't feel well, and so did I, despite the high dose of antibiotics.

, most healthy adults may be able to infect others starting 1 day before developing symptoms and up to 5 to 7 days after becoming ill. Some people, especially young children and people with weakened immune systems may be able to infect others for an even longer period.

Anyone can get the flu, even a healthy person.  older; people of any age with certain chronic medical conditions, such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease; pregnant women; and small children.

Based on symptoms alone, it is very difficult to distinguish the flu from other viral or bacterial respiratory diseases. Tests are available to diagnose the flu. Yet, the most important step in flu prevention is the annual flu shot.

I also realized that when you are infected with the flu, you need to stay away from other people so that you don't infect them too. The spread of this virus is very fast. So covering coughs and sneezes and washing your hands can also help slow the spread of germs that cause respiratory tract "nose, throat, and lung" illnesses.

The influenza virus is a contagious disease. So try to avoid close contact with sick people.  If possible, stay home when you are sick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment